Another slightly ridiculous project, I had some badly wired under counter lighting. The cables were hanging down and they were just irritating. So time for an upgrade.
I found this kit on AliExpress for a few quid.
As I wanted this in three separate sections rather than one continuous section I needed to cut and rewire it.
As always I decided to overcomplicate things and make it modular, so rather than simply soldering on wires, I soldered on connectors to either end and made some cutome extension cables to the correct length.
My soldering is improving…. this is an example before I slid another layer of heat shrink over the whole lot to stop the different wires separating further.
The kit came with an overly complex controller that features a lot of preset colours and fades.
The final set up….