Yet another roadside find. It needs a lot of TLC but I’ve got plans.
This is the paint I’m thinking of using:
These are the handles I’m going to use:
Fixing the side panels
The first step was to fix the side panels. This was fairly straightforward as the indent was quite deep so I could just cut some 3.5mm ply to size and fit the panels over the existing sides.
The nicks and dents I was going to fill but I think I’m going to leave them as-is to let it be slightly beaten and aged.
OK so I made a stupid decision, at the moment of buying the paint I changed my mind and went for some blackboard paint. It turned out to be waaaaaaay too think and in painting it on I was losing all of the detailing on the moldings. So I removed all the paint that I had applied, let everything dry and then decided to spray the piece instead.
I had this lying around so I tried this and it looks great…. now I have to wait for more to arrive as I’d used most of it already on the Kraken Lamp and Dolls Head Lamp.