Click on the links below to jump to the various sections of this design….
Steam punk accessories and equipment that can be used with many costumes.
Brief & Inspiration
In case my Pinterest plugin stops working again, here’s a link to the board…
Time & Money
|Time to Design||2 hrs||1 hrs|
|Time to Build (Including sourcing/scrounging materials!)||6 hrs||0 hrs|
|Cost to Build||£50||£7|
Preliminary Sketches & Development
There are also various attachments that can be fitted to the Nerf Maverik that could easily go through the same sort of modifications.
So on we go….
1. Sand Down any bits you don’t want. I used a 240 grit sand paper to remove the Nerf logo and any of the text I didn’t want.
3. Undercoat, still not sure on the colour scheme so far but its going to be a dark colour scheme so I’m going for a matt black base layer. I was pretty heavy on the paint so actually had to sand some pits back and respray them once it was all screwed back together. Even so it still looks pretty good so far….. please note the single unidentified screw. Still not sure where that came from but it seems to work fine without it. I also had to fire about 20 times before the action was smooth again, at a guess the paint was too thick in some sections and just wore down or settled in some way. I certainly would not like to do too many layers over the moving parts!