This was a really basic dirty make… I don’t do sewing! Buy a couple of meters of hairy fabric, the longer the hair the better. Lie down on it and fold it over your legs… cut to length of hip to floor + 10cm. wrap around your waist with 10cm extra for luck. The extra 10cm length is to roll over for a draw string.
Spread the fabric out again and lie on it in the middle, you should have enough to fold over each leg and meet in the middle. You will need to cut a slit in the bottom layer and the seams are then going to come on the inside of each leg and up the crotch! I hand stitched this all to avoid catching the hair and so the seam vanishes into all the fluff!
This is only version 1 but they came out looking really well so have never got round to making another version. I should as they are really heavy and uncomfortable!
The are just made out of polymer clay! Rolled into a cone, twisted into a spiral and scored with a chopstick. Before I cooked them in the oven I pushed a chopstick through the base of each one so a bit of string holds them to my head. Having fluffy hair means it really easy to hide the string. I did no colouring! The clay colour was the same as you can see on the base and the gradually blackened tips come from me cooking them in the oven for too long! Looks good though.
It would have been better if I used air dry clay as it is a lot lighter or even better if I cut them out of foam and covered them in Waterproof PVA and spray paint!
This one is fairly straight forward! I do electronics projects as you might have noticed. Most of these projects use either 3.3V, 5V and on very rare occasions 12V. I would be nice to have a bench-top variable DC power supply but I’m skint! I do however have access to as many scrap computers as my heart desires.
Scrap computers have power supplies in them that sometimes work… with a little modification these can be a very nice power supply to give me easy access to the voltages I want without having to faff with batteries. Obviously once I am past the prototyping phase for a project then each project will require its own power supply.
There are loads of tutorials out there on building these so I won’t go into too much detail. Here are some links to get you started.
Usual disclaimer… If you are going to take something apart and plug it into the mains then know what you are doing first! I’m not responsible for your lack of understanding even if I’ve written something down wrong!
I’ve moved into a new place and the router is the wrong end of the house. I’ve had all sorts of issues in the past with Powerline adapters so this time I wanted to try out something new.
A client repeater is a wireless router that instead of acting as a router connects to an existing wireless network and repeats the wireless signal and also joins its LAN ports to the wireless network. This way I can have a bank of Ethernet ports physically separated from the rest of the network but still connected.
The ports will be for a server and my work bench with a Pi and a few other projects. It makes life simpler because I don’t have to configure a wireless card for each device.
I also happened to have a spare router lying around – a D-Link DIR-615 (Revision D4), a cheap cheerful freebie from Virgin.
After a bit of research I settled on using the DD-WRT firmware…
My first thoughts are to make this out of scrounged pallets, that keeps it cheap an is easy to source. As such any dimensions of the shelter should be based around dimensions of the pallets that I find to make it simpler to make with less cutting and work!
Design wise my initial thoughts are to have a wooden shingle roof, this will vastly increase the weight but will improve the appearance and reduce the amount of stuff that needs to be purchased! Worth a try.
The idea behind this one was just another prop to add to the combination goat / faun / devil outfit. It is going to be a blank contract for possession of a soul that I can then carry round with me and get victims / punters to sign two copies one for me and one for them.
Its looking pretty good so far! Searched around on dafont.com and 1001FreeFonts.com to find a suitably curly font to use and on google images to find some swirly embellishments!
The dying of the pages was done by wiping the pages in tea and then sprinkling them with instant coffee granules before smearing the coffee around. Then cooking them at 100° until the edges start to curl up.
Next steps are possibly some more staining and the wax seals.